Turning into a traveling nomad? Could it be time to go home? Check out these 24 signs you’ve been traveling too long and make a decision on that home-ward flight!
I know that some of you guys have been on the road for years but could your trip be reaching its natural conclusion?
Check out these 24 signs that you’ve been traveling too long, it might just be time to hang up your rucksack!
1. You start every sentence with “so, where are you from?”
2. You have loads of new friends but have no clue what their surnames are
3. Carpet feels like cotton wool
4. You look dirty but it’s just your tan
5. Throwing toilet paper in the toilet feels wrong
6. You’re adorned with bits of coconut, stones and shells head to toe
7. You’ve been wearing the same pair of Thai pants for weeks
8. You very rarely know (or care) what the time is
9. Staying put for more than a few days makes you antsy
10. Paying more than $5 for a meal feels extravagant
11. Sleeping in a room with strangers seems normal
12. Your rucksack weighs about 50% less than before you left
13. You weigh about 50% less than before you left
14. Sunsets bore you
15. A 6 hour train journey feels short
16. You sleep well on airport chairs
17. You laugh in the face of the Lonely Planet
18. The thought of wearing a suit makes you snigger
19. Your family/friends have stopped asking when you’re coming back
20. Crazy people seem normal
21. Your home food cravings are becoming delusional
22. You’d happily trade in your iPod for a bubble bath
23. When stepping into a hotel lobby, it usually takes about 3 seconds until you’re escorted out
24. You used to have a day-job but it all seems very hazy
Identify with these tell-tale signs or think there’s never a time to go home?! Post up your comments, we want to hear from you!
Coming soon… 20 questions to ask yourself about your travel partner. Don’t miss out, sign up for free updates below.